Slat Conveyor Manufacturer and Supplier from UAE and Middle East Regions.
Objects being moved over a slat conveyor are supported by slats that are horizontally separated and coupled to an endless chain.
Slat conveyors use a slat and chain system to move components along an assembly line. They are often used where production operations are performed with the parts located on the conveyor. Steel panels are attached to the chain with special chain attachments, and the chain is driven by an electric motor and gearbox. Therefore they are one of the most commonly used types of conveyor for moving parts along and assembly line while the work is being performed. They are ideally suited to applications where components are being assembled onto a fixture located at an ergonomic working height.
A slat conveyor system may be used in a car plant to move parts like instrument panels, centre consoles, and door trims. They are used to put together the engine and power-train. They are also used for sub-assembly of frames and axles. On a bigger scale, they are used for vehicles after the chassis parts have been put on and they move to the final assembly line, which is sometimes called a ‘flat top‘ conveyor line. Customers sometimes call them “slat conveyor belts” because the slats look and work like a belt conveyor.
Pressure Tech is the leading manufacturer and supplier of slat conveyors in the United Arab Emirates. We ship conveyors all across the United Arab Emirates, including to Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah, and Ajman.
Slat Conveyor Features
Slat Conveyor Applications:
Slat Conveyor Benefits:
- Great for putting together products on a moving assembly line or while the line is stopped at each work station (before moving to the next spot). They make a great safe place to work.
- Slat conveyor systems work well when most of the parts can be reached from above. If you need access from both sides, you might want to use an overhead hoist with a fixture that can turn.
- Use these conveyors to move goods along the line that need to stay in place.
Fixtures shouldn’t stand up too high. Remember that the fixture will be attached to the panels and will go back under the conveyor to the starting place. This means that you will need space on the floor for the return path of the tooling and fixture. If the clearance is tight, the conveyor can be raised 10 to 24 inches off the floor and a compensating work platform can be added along the working side of the conveyor to keep the workers in a good ergonomic position.
- Industrial slat conveyors can move in either a continuous or an indexing mode. In an indexing mode, a sensor tells the slat conveyor when to stop and start moving a product to the end of the line.
- As the fixture is always in the same place, it works very well for automatic loading and unloading. With the right safety measures, both humans and robots can do assembly work on the same assembly line.
- Work well when the speed needs to be changed. When they have a VFD (variable frequency drive), it’s easy to change the speed on them.